Terms and Conditions Matagalpa Tours
- Your safety is our priority. However, all adventure tourism includes inherent risks, dangers and hazards. While we will ensure your trip is as safe as possible, not all risks, dangers and hazards can be anticipated or avoided. Matagalpa Tours operates trips in regions where standards of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, medical facilities and other services and infrastructure could be basic. By booking with us you acknowledge that participation in on all tours involves inherent risks.
- Matagalpa Tours reserves the right to modify tour itineraries to better suit client requirements. Itineraries are subject to alteration without notice and intended as a guide only. Alterations may come about due to road or weather conditions, strikes, public holidays, local festivals or other reasons. Due to the nature of the terrain and remote areas, weather fluctuations can adversely affect road conditions that may necessitate alterations to itinerary with little or no notice.
- Hotels mentioned in the itinerary are subject to change due to their availability.
- Matagalpa Tours shall not be held responsible for any damage, expense or inconvenience caused by late arrival of public transport, schedule changes, strikes, vehicle breakdown, force majeure, or other conditions beyond our control.
- It is your responsibility that you carry a valid passport and have obtained the appropriate visas when traveling. Ensure that your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of your visit. Matagalpa Tours is not responsible for any needed visa, vaccinations or other legal travel documents. Any costs made, due to the lack of the right documentation, will be charged to the client.
- Some activities are strenuous of nature. Passengers should be of reasonable health and fitness and carry all required medication. It is your responsibility to advise Matagalpa Tours of any existing medical condition and/or disability that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of you requiring medical attention, or that might affect the normal conduct of a tour and the enjoyment of other trip members.
- If a problem occurs during your tour, then it is in your own best interests to advise your tour guide or office assistant immediately so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter there and then. If you remain dissatisfied, we appreciate to receive your complains and recommendations for us by phone, email or in person at our office in Matagalpa.
- At all times the decision of Matagalpa Tours guide, trip leader or representative will be final on all matters, likely to affect the safety and well-being of the trip. This includes any decision that the Matagalpa Tours leader makes about your ongoing participation in the trip or certain activities of part of the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made or interfere with the well-being of the group, then Matagalpa Tours reserves the right to order you to leave the tour immediately, with no right of refund.
- Matagalpa Tours provides its services with due care and skill and assumes responsibility for the negligence and other errors committed by its own personnel and equipment, however we do not assume responsibility for the negligence and other errors committed by our partners and sub contracted operators, airlines and accommodation providers or for any loss, damage, death, injury or expense, which you may incur as a consequence of the acts and omissions of others.
- It is a condition of booking to take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances that may arise (including cancellation fees, medical and curtailment expenses, loss of luggage, early departure from tour due to death or illness etc). Your insurance should provide cover against personal accident, medical expenses, emergency repatriation and personal liability as well as any adventure activities that are not covered under a standard insurance policy.
- For operational reasons, reservations and our own customer management system, we request personal and private information to each of our customers.
- We guarantee that your information - including your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card or activity interests - will never be sold, traded, or given away – under any circumstances.
- We understand that providing your email address, it can result annoying, because other companies use it to send thousands of junk mail, telemarketing calls, digital advertising, etc. Matagalpa Tours will never use your information for E Marketing unless you want to receive our quarterly newsletter to which you can register if you wish and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- You agree that Matagalpa Tours may use images of you taken during the trip without recourse to you and without compensation to you, only for publicity and promotion purposes, through whatever medium it chosen.
- Matagalpa Tours owns intellectual rights of the information of this web site, including all texts, sounds, pictures, images, logo, videos and designs. These can not be reproduced, copied, published, downloaded by any way without a written permission given by Matagalpa Tours.
- By making a reservation with us you are deemed to have accepted Matagalpa Tours Terms and Conditions.
1. Matagalpa Tours' reservation services can be secured via e-mail (electronic mail), in person, or by phone, through the following means:
- Webpage : Service Request Form
- Electronic Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone : Landlines (505) 2772 0108 / 2772 5379 Cellphone (505) 8647 4680
- Office Location : From Banpro, 1/2 block to the East, Matagalpa (Map)
2. If you make your request via email, you will receive an answer within 24 hours of receipt on weekdays, and up to 48 hours on weekends.
* It is very important that the client keep in mind that the reservation will take effect upon receipt of the first payment.
3. At the time of booking your reservation, you will be sent a document via email, where all services included will be specified.
4. In the event that payment is not received on time, the reservation can not be guaranteed.
1. When to pay (time and percentage)
- Day Tours, transport and hotel reservations: the customer must pay 100% of the amount at the time of service confirmation.
- Groups and packages: must pay 50% upon service confirmation. The remaining 50% must be paid at least one month before the tour / service date.
- Matagalpa Tours reserves the right to resell the space of a tour with previuos notice, if final payment has not been received by the due date. In the event you have made a reservation deposit, return policy subsection 4 will apply.
- Matagalpa Tours reserves the right to refuse or accept any participant in any tour.
2. Payment Methods:
- Online Payments: For a greater security and confidence, at Matagalpa Tours we have developed our own Online Payment System, without intermediaries. The system incorporates the most advance security technology, under the HTTPS protocol 128 bits, which guarantees that only our bank will have access to the information you provide.
- Credit / Debit Cards: We accept: American Express, Discover Network, Diners Club International, JCB, Master Card and Visa.
- Direct deposit or electronic transfer from savings account: If you choose this method, you must ensure that the deposit slip contains the customer's name and you must send a scan of this deposit slip to our email (email@example.com) with a description of the services reserved. Before making the deposit you must e-mail us on our website to request savings account information.
3. Service Cancellation Policy:
You may make cancellations as long as you do so in writing. The customer must bear in mind that cancellations will generate a fee for operational expenses or handling.
- If notice is given 30 days before the start of the service, for packages / groups, hotel bookings the fee is 50%. After this date the fee is 100%
- For full day tours and transportation, if notice is given 30 days before the start of the service, the fee is 50%
- If notice is given 24 hours before the start of the service, the fee is 100% for all services.
- Refunds will be based on the payment method used. If payment was made by debit / credit card, the refund amount will revert in this manner. If payment was made by deposit, the refund amount will be transferred back to the customer's account.
- Returns will be subject to administrative fees according to the time of cancellation and the policies of hotels and / or suppliers who are involved in the service being canceled.